Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Spring Forward

I completed my first pair of socks for Summer of Socks '08. Not too shabby, I don't think, a completed pair in 17 days, and I worked and kept the kids alive and fed while doing it.

Here they are:















Pattern: Spring Forward from Knitty (This year's Viral Knitting Pattern, I predict. Seems nearly everyone is knitting them or planning on it. I'm glad I could jump on the bandwagon, because it's a great pattern.)

Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the Simply Socks Third Anniversary Colorway. (I tried to link the colorway, but apparently it's not available right now.) I love this yarn, it's springy and soft, and the colors are wonderful, in my opinion. I wish I'd chosen a lighter color for this pattern, because the lace is obscured somewhat by the strong color contrast. But I still love them.

Needles: Knitpicks Harmony Size 1 dpns. These are my favorite needles for socks. Not flimsy at all, nice and slick, without the risk of impaling myself as with the nickel-plated ones.

I am obsessing over what the perfect choice for my next pair will be. I've made several gauge swatches and tried 2 different patterns which have both been frogged. Hopefully, I can get over this "sock-block" soon, or none of my housework will ever get done and I also won't have any sock knitting to do. (**Thunk** That was the sound of DH passing out from shock at that last sentence and falling onto a pile of sock yarn stash.)

No comments: