Monday, July 7, 2008

Cupcakes to Share

Today I had a milestone event which may define the second half of 2008 for me...I rode my bicycle to the grocery store for the first time. I rode it not only for exercise, but because it costs too much to start the stupid car to justify driving the 2 mile round-trip to the supermarket. It was a gorgeous day, and it was a fun little outing with the 6-year-old. This is probably the beginning of a tradition of self-powered transportation for our family.



Here we are on our way to the store:
(Public Service Announcement: We Absolutely should have been wearing helmets. We could have been killed or maimed. Always wear your helmets, as we are going to do in the future.)

It was my daughter's idea. She wanted to make cupcakes and decorate them. It seemed like a great idea, so off we went.








<---We watched some little praire dogs playing in a meadow we passed. Okay, it's a vacant lot, but it had flowers and prairie dogs....

These are the ingredients we bought, and the cookbook we used. We made the "Kid Simple Cupcakes", which are yellow sour-cream cupcakes with homemade buttercream frosting.


And here are the cupcakes:
(We actually made an entire dozen, but this is what we had left after the kids and my husband had their samples.)

All in all, a good day. I spent some time in the outdoors, saved some gas money, had quality time with the kiddo and got a delicious cupcake out of it!

No comments: