Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Where did it go?


I have lost my "Knitting Mojo".

I know why I lost it-- a lot of stress in my family related to possibly relocating and DH's job change, not to mention mentally processing all the work involved with selling the house. Add to that a visit from the PMS Fairy, and there you have it, missing Mojo.

I know when it disappeared, too. Yesterday. I realized that my Koigu socks are not turning out to fit my foot (or any other normal-sized adult foot, either.) There they are on the Left, and I think the yarn and gauge were coming out just beautifully, but to the "frog pond" they go, because I want them to fit.










So I dug out my old Tofutsies sock (the second of the pair) that has been buried in the knitting bag for a while, hoping that it would have with it my Mojo. That yarn is really not enjoyable for me to work with right now-- too thin and splitty to be relaxing.






So I put that away and got out "Backyard Leaves", from Scarf Style, a pattern which previously gave me something to think about other than my stresses, and provided some escape. I had been leaving a large Post-It note in the book to mark my place on the chart, and I learned the hard way that Post-Its eventually lose their sticky and fall from their designated row, causing me to knit a whole lot of nonsense which needs to be frogged, but I don't know which row I'm on or where to pull back to.

And my "Sonnet" sweater, which I used to be so excited about, in my very most favorite color (lavendar-blue), just seems like too much garter stitch....




My ill-fated Backyard leaves and my not-very exciting Sonnet ------>











Finally, I cast on a pair of socks for my Dad's birthday in some yummy and beautiful Mountain Colors Bearfoot (color: Red-Tail Hawk). I got just this far before I decided that I wasn't enjoying it enough to justify using my wonderful yarn.......

What I don't know, is how to get my Knitting Mojo back! I should have stuck with Baby Hats (see previous post). I felt a ton of good Knitting Vibes while knitting that! So, if any of you see my Knitting Mojo laying around somewhere, please send it home to me. I'm starting to feel the urge to pack up the yarn and start Cross-Stitching again!!!

No comments: