Thursday, February 1, 2007

Socktopia for January

I finished my first Socktopia socks a day too late, but they are done!

Pattern: RPM from Knitty.com (I found this pattern to be beautiful, but difficult for me. Lots of counting (and mis-counting!) I think they are gorgeous, though, despite their mistakes, and I love them.

Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in "Blackwatch." About 1 and 1 /2 skeins. ( I loved this yarn! I am considering buying the worsted or bulky and making a hat and scarf.)

Needles: Clover bamboo size 2. (These are pretty bent up after knitting a pair of socks. I will try something a little sturdier next time.)

I did have some problems with the knitting of this pattern. I wound up with a pretty noticeable holey spot by the gussets. Look:

This only occurred on the side where I knit two together to decrease. The other side, with the slip, slip, knit looks just fine. I don't know how to fix it, nor why it happened in the first place. :(

Next, I'm going to do my February socks in my new Tofutsies yarn with my new Crystal Palace needles, and knit a pattern from my new book, Sensational Knitted Socks! And here's the yarn:











No comments: