Thursday, June 5, 2008

Back to Our Regularly Scheduled Knitting

I apologize to those of you who may watch this space for knitting and have been bored by the other content lately. Please understand that the camera was broken, but now we have a new one and I can post some pictures finally.

I hit an emotional rough spot a couple of weeks ago and all I could muster was some Garter Stitch. So I made these: These are the Felted Boxes from Mason-Dixon Knitting. They were much fun to make--I enjoyed picking out crazy combinations of Lamb's Pride Bulky and the garter stitch was mindless enough. The felting process, however, did not go as well as I would have liked. Those have each been through 4 cycles in my Front-Loader and are still a bit wonky and unevenly felted. I have a large one knit up, but I'm going to take it to a laundromat and see how it goes in a top-loading washer. In case you are interested, those are made using size 11 needles and double-stranded Lamb's Pride Bulky in Orange You Glad, Lotus Pink, and Limeade.

I am participating in a Knitalong through the Knitty Cat, and I am enjoying it immensely. Ann, who is the genius who owns this shop, emails us a few rows of instructions each day, which allows us to complete one square per month for the next 20 months. Here's my square for May:

I'm using size 7's and Cascade 220. That's a terrible picture, but it's proof of the knitting nonetheless, I suppose.











I have also been experimenting with lace knitting lace, and am nearly halfway done with a Branching Out from some Knitpicks Merino Style:









In other news, I got a fantastic surprise package from Ladybug03 in a Ravelry swap:


This big box of wonderfulness contained: Some gorgeous Merino and Bamboo blend sock yarn, some Knitpicks Sock Garden, a circular needle and some instructions so I can learn the Magic Loop, some Harmony double-points in case I decide to stick with the familiar for a while, some Soak Wool Wash samples, Work-in-progress tubes, Chocolates, a scented candle, some toys for my cats, hand lotion and a gorgeous project bag! It's just like Christmas!!!

On the home front, school's out for summer, so we'll see what happens to my knitting and blogging time. The eldest is on to Middle School next year and I'm not feeling ready to relive that nightmare, so I'm planning on enjoying every single moment of summer. I've also dusted off my poor neglected Cardfile in an effort to regain control of my home. Standby for further developments.

No comments: