Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Further stories of relocation and Knitting

We bailed out of Dumpy Motel and Suites, and moved to a much nicer/safer/cleaner extended-stay. We really had no trouble getting the kiddos enrolled in school, a pleasant surprise after the horror-stories that folks had told us about how school systems can be. This is our first dealing with a public-school system, and we've just been delighted so far with how kind and cooperative everyone has been.

DH and I went on an 8-mile bike ride last weekend, and it was lots of fun, once I figured out the shifting of 27 gears. The last time I rode a bike was probably in the fifth grade, and that one was only a three-speed.

This past Saturday, we drove up to Boulder,CO and toured the Celestial Seasonings Tea factory. It was very interesting, actually, kind of like an episode of "Unwrapped" on the Food Network.

This is my favorite art from a tea package: It was on a box for "Golden Vanilla Hazelnut." Unfortunately, it's discontinued, because I'd drink it just for the picture.










This is the view of the mountains in Boulder. This is why I'm going to love living in Colorado!

And last, but not least, I have been knitting mittens like a madwoman. I made 3 pair for the kiddos in 5 days...

I used the multiple-size, multiple gauge Mittens pattern from the current issue of KnitSimple Magazine. The yarn is Lamb's Pride Bulky in Blue Flannel and RPM Pink, and I used size 10 dpns. I enjoyed knitting them, it took about a 1 1/2 hours per mitten. I admit they are a bit wonky, especially my attempt at the lazy daisies, but they are nice and thick and will definitely keep their hands warm for our first Colorado winter.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I absolutely love the colors for those mittens, and the ones with the flowers are adorable! :-)