Saturday, January 20, 2007

Magical Thinking by Augusten Burroughs: A Book Review

I recently finished the book Magical Thinking by Augusten Burroughs. It is collection of memoirs and essays about different aspects of his life. I laughed so hard at the story of the "Rat/Thing" in the bathtub that I had to put the book down, since I was in a public place and was beginning to look like a mental patient to passers-by. The book was a quick read for me, since each chapter is it's own story, and the style is so engaging that I didn't want to stop reading it. Also, the author's descriptions of his childhood/teenage years in the '70's and '80's and the culture of those times brought back memories for me of commercials and things that I hadn't thought about in a long time.

If you are needing a good laugh, a quick,enjoyable read, and are not offended by sexual innuendo (or explicit descriptions) then this is your book.

No comments: