Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy 3rd of January

I was working New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, so I missed my chance to blog in the new year. 2010 seems exciting to me, because 2009 was not wonderful, and I'm frankly glad to see it go into the Archipelago of Last Years. Goodbye to the year marked by the "great recession", Balloon Boy, Octo-Mom and the Christmas Underwear Bomber.

2009 did have some joy in it, as all years will...it was the only year in which my husband and I will celebrate our 17th Wedding anniversary, and the last year that I will have three children who are not yet teenagers. It was the year in which I knit my first adult sized sweater, worked up the nerve to start Graduate School and move my career forward, and tried snow-skiing for the first time. I read some good books, made some new friends, and learned some new things.

I am looking forward to a fresh, new, 2010 with lots of room for more joy and new things to learn. I am sure it will have its share of trials and wierd news stories. We'll see what it holds, but for now, goodbye to 2009. I'm really glad to see you go...

No comments: