Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Today, I am loving.....

...that my rosebushes have survived an April blizzard and June hailstorms unscathed.


...that my Rogue Roses Socks are coming along.

They are fun to knit, not too difficult, not too easy, and the yarn is springy in both senses of the word...its color reminds me of the season of Spring, and it has a lot of bounce. Socks that Rock Mediumweight...my new favorite yarn ever. I promise a better picture later, but here is a Rogue Rose sock on an actual unruly rogue rosebush:


...the Queen of Beads Socks!

The first shipment from the Rockin' Sock Club is finished. I had never knit with beads before, and I found it to be enjoyable. Stringing the beads ahead of time and sliding them along to knit them in is a really neat technique. It seems to decrease the shine on the yarn, but it doesn't detract from the beauty of the sock, in my opinion. They aren't perfect, but I'm pretty sure the recipient is going to love them.


...funky self-striping sock yarn.

This is OnLine Savanne Color. Isn't it a happy colorway? It's been a fun knit, since I am easily amused by self-striping yarn, but t's my first attempt at knitting a sock on 2 circular needles and I'm still undecided whether I like to knit socks this way. I like the 2 circulars for the plain knitting of the leg, but the heel-flap, heel-turn and gusset are proving to be fiddly and awful for me on the two circulars. For some reason, purling with this needle set-up seems about 10 times more difficult than purling a heel flap on double-points. I may do the second sock on dpns if I can get the same gauge.

Most of all, today I am loving that I am finishing up my Nursing Theory class. Goodbye to Jean Watson and Dorothea Orem and Katharine Kolcaba! At least for now...

No comments: