Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Spring Cleaning

This week, I finally have had it with the CHAOS in my home. (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome--courtesy of the FlyLady) My children are good kids overall, but they are slobs, and all the clutter and mayhem apparently flipped some sort of switch in my brain, because now I want to re-claim my own home. The switch-flipping event was the moment when I couldn't get in the front door because all 3 backpacks were dropped right there along with 3 coats and 3 sets of hats/mittens, apparently as if little fairies were coming to put them away. So I got out my old Sidetracked Home Executives book and decided to make big changes. And you know what, it's actually WORKING. It's not perfect, but it's getting better every day, and there is light at the end of my cluttered, chaotic tunnel. Look, I made a card file!


Even my Knitting has had a bit of a Spring-Cleaning theme. I have been making these Selbuvotter. Lovely and warm and bright, but definitely wintry:


I love making these mittens, but the relatively complicated colorwork and fiddly thumbs were making me tired, so I took a break and made a set of Dishcloths from some inexpensive worsted cotton that said "Spring" to me. I'll probably put them away to be a gift set for Christmas or some other occasion. Here they are together:



Here are the pattern links, etc.

This one is Nubbins. It's Peaches 'n Creme in a color called Pink Lilacs, and Sugar and Cream in Soft Violet. I like the way the nubby edge looks, but it was kind of boring to knit, overall. I'd make it again, though, if I need something that looks interesting, but is pretty mindless.












This one is the Infamous Darrel Waltrip Dishcloth.

It's the same Pink Violets yarn from the other cloth. This was really fun to knit, and I finished the whole thing in about 2 hours. I really liked how the color-pooling turned out with this yarn.





This one is the Lacy Round Cloth.

It's some Sugar and Cream Twist, on size 8's. It would have been easier to knit and more functional at a smaller gauge, so I'll use size 6's if I ever make it again. This is also a great pattern, it looks much more complicated than it actually is.

No comments: